Friday, January 8, 2010

As I Begin My Journey...

I have one more week to make myself ready, and as always am feeling a bit behind. (I really do hate to pack) :) However! I'm am sooooo excited to start this amazing adventure!

I found out yesterday that I've been paired with a girl named Allison (from Alabama) in an apartment right in the middle of old town center. The street we're on doesn't allow car traffic, we will be just across from the marché quotidienne
(daily market), about 2 blocks from school, and another 2 in the opposite direction to the main drag in Aix where they have bazaars and fun activities! Initially I was a bit dissappointed bout not getting a host family, but there should be plenty of things to explore and experience!

Dad has been doing some researching on his own and came across a book titled "Ysabel" that is set in Aix. He picked it up from the library this week and it talks about a Church in the center of town that has a school across the street from it... I was looking at the street view of the area around my school on google maps, and come to find out it is the very one across the street from the church! Go figure!

Anyhow, as my time in Norman dwindles down I can only imagine all the eye-opening experiences coming my way... I will surely be missing my friends and family, i love you all, but don't expect too many tears because HERE I COME FRANCE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment