Sunday, January 17, 2010

Today's the Day!!!

It is now 4:14 AM January 17th, 2010 and in approximately 8 hours I will be boarding plane #1 on my way to beautiful Provence. All day I've been chasing the frantic last minute butterflies trying to make sure everything is in order and I think I've finally gotten there. I am feeling confident, giddy, and most of all blessed to have been able to see another of my life dreams through to reality. Today I am going to France.
Lets recap... TODAY I am going to FRANCE!!!

All day the dog has been loyally staying by my side though I sense that she is sad... She knows now that bags at the end of my bed mean I'm leaving. Needless to say, she has stayed close underfoot and we had a nice tete-a-tete before she passed out.

I've heard from lots of friends today wishing me luck and safe travels so THANK YOU to all! Rachel also came by and we each got a pint of ice cream to drown the sorrows of saying goodbye to each other again. :) I couldn't ask for better friends in my life and as much as I am excited to leave I am equally as sad to have to say goodbye to the important people in my life.
But that's what skype is for. Haha!


As per tradition, I made a goodbye-for-now CD for the fam to listen to as they drive away and cry. Here are the tracks that made the cut:

The Call, Regina Spektor
Time for Me to Fly, REO Speedwagon
Far Away, Ingrid Michaelson
Here I AM, Dirty Rotten Ensemble (This one is PERFECT!)
Wind Beneath My Wings, Bette Midler
For My Father, Andy McKee
Mama, I'm Alright, Miranda Lambert
You Make My Dreams, Hall & Oates
Pas de Cheval, Panic! At The Disco
Belle, Jack Johnson
Just Dance, Lady GaGa
Quelqu'un m'a dit, Carla Bruni (A word from the first lady)
Toot Toot Tostie (Goo'Bye), Dean Martin


Alright, off to bed with and looking forward to a Diner breakfast with the fam before heading to the airport! This is it! Another dream coming into action... I'll let you know how the trip went from the other side.

A Bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment